Pages

My photo
Pasig City, NCR, Philippines
Behind that black shaded eye-wear beholds those eyes itching to see a bolder world.

Saturday, 31 December 2011

for auld lang syne

I should have posted this earlier. Apparently, it turned out that I‘m a slowpoke. I was having a hard time last night clicking on the publish button, thinkin' if this post is worth posting after all. I guess.

As I wake up later (probably later than anyone else in the house I live), I would take a short bath, shave a few of my beard and mustache, perhaps. And parley on myself to whether I should clean my room just because the year number would change or have it linger that way. A difficult task  to decide on because I don‘t the see the point of it. I can clean anytime I want.

Today could be the last finest day I would have this year. Or, it could be the obverse as I strangle myself from the dumps I've held for the last 364 days. I can still call to mind in detail what I did last New Year's Eve and that doesn't bother me. But doing it again this year without unlikeness of it, I must be missing out something.

Regardless of what I whined, Manigong Bagong Taon!

Should auld acquaintance be forgot
And never brought to mind
Should auld acquaintaince be forgot
And auld lang syne.

For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet
For auld lang syne.
And surely you'll be your pint stowp
And surely I'll be mine,
And we'll drink a richt guid willy waught
For auld lang syne.

2 comments: